[Chicago] Looking for an arcpy mentor/study buddy

Kari Buckvold kbuckvold at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 31 00:26:25 CEST 2013

Hello, I am a GIS professional with about 5 years of experience who has been studying Python as it relates to ESRI's ArcGIS.  I have been studying the text "Python Scripting for ArcGIS" by Paul Zandbergen for the last two months and have learned tons, I have even created a couple of scripts on my own. But let's face it, it's hard to learn this on my own and every once in awhile, I'd like to hit the "Easy Button" for the solutions instead of hitting my head up against the wall over and over.  I'm hoping that there are some Python users here in Chicago that are familiar with arcpy who can share their expertise with me or who are also learning it so we can help each other.

I've been to one ChiPy meetup and plan to be at BrainTree on September 12th, I hope to meet some other GISers!