[Chicago] pyvideo and streaming

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Tue Dec 10 16:05:51 CET 2013

Hi all,

I don't know if people keep up to date with pyvideo.org news so here's a
cool update from Will!

http://bluesock.org/~willkg/blog/pyvideo/status_20131124.html

Rackspace has given us a community account for pyvideo, and I asked Jesse
if providing streaming help for python user groups is something that falls
under the pyvideo aegis. It does!

I don't know how likely it is that we can jump start streaming for other
python groups, but once we have more documentation and automation for
deploying the encoder and collector to rackspace, it will be easier to help
other people do this.

Right now we've got some docs in case anyone is interested.

https://github.com/timvideos/streaming-system/wiki/Operating

Here's the pyvideo twitter account in case you want to follow along with
pyvideo news
https://twitter.com/PyvideoOrg

--
sheila