[Chicago] Cloud storage: Dropbox or Google Drive?

Yarko Tymciurak yarkot1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 23:26:26 CET 2013

I haven't seen anyone mention (I dont' think) box.com - but I did note an
article where they were HIPPA (i.e. doctors & medical records) approved,
which got my attention.

It looks like they are a (ahem)  Scala & Php (& node, &...)  shop, but
beyond security certification, there are at least two additional notes
about them which stick in my mind from casual observation:

15G default free space (fairly big);
sharing does _NOT_ count against the target (sharee), as it does (unless
you're cleverly careful) on dropbox (which sort of rubs me wrong;)

I personally use both Drive and Dropbox (preferring each for different
kinds of things, but leaning more stuff onto Drop);