[Chicago] GitHub & SpamBayes

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Feb 5 01:56:13 CET 2013

> Will you get pull requests? Yes.

How?  What will motivate people to do figure out that SpamBayes needs
something if all they see is a blob of code in a Git repo?  That's
what I don't get.  If I could somehow get a note out to all
Windows-savvy Python developers on GitHub about SpamBayes' needs just
by simply moving the code base there, I suppose I *could* just sit
back and rake in the pull requests.  How does J. Random GitHub User
know anything even needs doing?  That's what I don't understand.

I should probably admit that I know nothing about GitHub other than
that it offers open source Git repos.

Skip