[Chicago] GitHub & SpamBayes

Dan Krol orblivion at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 16:19:21 CET 2013

I think there's a reasonable option of going through the work of
moving to SF/git, and then cloning it and putting it on Github, making
a note in the README that you don't want people to track issues on
Github, go back to SourceForge for that. And stopping there. If people
really want to do pull requests on Github they'll do it, and then you
can pull those changes from Github back into SF. That flexibility is
the nice thing about Git. If enough people use Github's pull requests,
that should be enough evidence that you should switch. (of course
you'd have to account for those people who might have gone along with
SF if that were the only option. But, if the amount of help increases
overall, that may be the signal you need.)