[Chicago] RSVP open for Thursday meeting

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Mon Feb 11 17:29:17 CET 2013

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 11:59 AM, Brian Ray <brianhray at gmail.com> wrote:

> There is one open spot for a 15min lightening talk. I think someone said
> they had something and I need you to refresh my memory

I think lightning talks on open science, open access, open data, open
gov, etc. would be good. I don't feel well prepared to give one.

At pycon I'll be helping with the openscienceframework.org sprint.
Maybe after that I could give a lightning talk on it.

> Back to the hackathon/open house/whatever, we have some details to work out
> on the pre-party. There definitely will great refreshments. I also would
> like to see how the PS1 thing went and see if we can continue this. Looking

Due to bad weather we didn't start at 5 and ended up getting started
around 7. We ended up talking about things and didn't get any hacking
done. so, I think 1 to 2 hours is too short for a hack night. Perhaps
a lightning talk on scraping tools, since scraping is one way that
people can extract information from sites without decent apis to
provide machine readable information, for examples, the inmate tracker
project, zotero translators, etc.

--
sheila