[Chicago] Work for Hire?

Adam "Cezar" Jenkins emperorcezar at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 16:19:37 CET 2013

I know that typically the arrangement for webdev is that work you do
is under your copyright. Then at the end of the contract you sell
those rights on contract completion. It's typically done this way so
that you have leverage. If the client doesn't pay. You have the right
to take down the site since it's all your copyright.

Of course IANAL, and I don't do much contract work.