[Chicago] Closest Index

Oren Livne livne at uchicago.edu
Sat Jan 5 16:26:53 CET 2013

Dear Shelia

These are great questions.
A is a set of positions of genetic markers on a chromosome. It is read
from an input data file and is sorted.
As such, A has no duplicate elements.
A's values have variable density along the chromosome. It is not easy to
characterize. Can be locally dense.
A is used once. However, I have 22 different (A,B) pairs for 22
autosomal chromosomes.

Oren