[Chicago] Closest Index

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Mon Jan 7 17:55:12 CET 2013

Would you be interested in a sprint or workshop?

There is another thread I started asking whether people would be interested
in a pandas/pydata/etc sprint. I know a couple of the people who ran one in
NYC recently.

We could apply for a sprint or PSF O&E grant to cover lunch and perhaps
travel for someone to lead a sprint (the NYC group had a pandas contributor
there).

Perhaps you aren't interested in contributing to a library but instead
would like guidance on using them in general. Maybe in that case chipy folk
could adapt material targeted towards scientific programmers for a
workshop. The software-carpentry.org group provides their material under a
permissive license. From an naive perspective, perhaps it doesn't make
sense to have a general workshop vs. tailored. e.g. for computational
biologists?

anyway, I think it would be fun in general for chipy to have some hands-on
events in addition to the talking format.

On Jan 6, 2013 7:54 AM, "Oren Livne" <livne at uchicago.edu> wrote:

> Hi Brian,
>
> I would love to! Unfortunately I can never attend on Thursday nights due
to another obligation. If I ever get the chance I'll let you know. In fact
I think the discussion should be expanded more generally to python problems
arising in genetic applications.