[Chicago] Thursday and talk proposal

Brian Ray brianhray at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 15:13:04 CET 2013

RSVP is open http://chipy.org

I gave Tal a big spot 50minutes. However I also would like to give a short
talk 20min on Marmir if it would interest some of you:

Marmir (https://github.com/brianray/mm) takes Python data structures and
> turns them into spreadsheets (think xlwt on steroids). This is a high level
> Intro to the project, current status, goals, and to solicit any
> contributions. This talk will look into how Marmir internals do things
> like: measure fonts to fit columns, preserve data types (dates, numbers),
> allow advanced look and feel customization of spreadsheets (colors
> alignment number formats). Later down the road, I would like to have a
> separate talk on Marmir internals and how it may be customized to do things
> like, convert Django model data directly to spreadsheets, integrate with
> google spreadsheets.

Any +1's?

I am also open to holding off on my talk if someone else has something
short they wish to talk about.

Cheers, Brian

--
Brian Ray