[Chicago] Who wants to host July Chipy?

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Thu Jun 20 20:16:51 CEST 2013

I may also be at scipy, I'll see how my plans go. Since mine are iffy, I
volunteer you to talk about stuff and hopefully other people will as well.
If I go, I am going to try and take in a lot of the talks on the
reproducible science track, but there are a lot of talks on other tracks
that I'd like to see.

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 12:12 PM, Jason Wirth <wirth.jason at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sheila beat me to it!
>
> I'd be willing to talk or do a demo. I'm taking tutorials on SymPy
> (symbolic mathematics), machine learning with Scikit.Learn, and iPython /
> iPython notebook so those could be possible topics. If people have other
> suggestions, let me know.
>

> --
> Jason Wirth
>     213.675.5294
>     wirth.jason at gmail.com
>

> On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 11:58 AM, Jason Wirth <wirth.jason at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> I'm heading to SciPy next week. I vote scientific Python.
>>

>> On Thursday, June 20, 2013, Brian Ray wrote:
>>
>>> Looking for a venue. If you already offered pls offer again to remind me.
>>>
>>> We could also do ITA or 1871 or a new place like Jefferson Tap if you
>>> wish.
>>>
>>> This is going to be our best meeting ever.
>>>
>>> Something else to think about (and we can let the host decide), it has
>>> been a long time since we had a specific Topic focus per meeting. For
>>> example we could dedicate our meeting to: Scientific Python, Python running
>>> everywhere, Web Programming, Big Data, Mobile, Testing, Documentation,
>>> Pypy, Jython, IDEs/Editors.
>>>
>>> We also use to have a lightening talk on one standard language feature
>>> like: decorators, list/dict comprehension, anonymous functions,
>>> introspection, class and objects, ...
>>>
>>> --
>>> Brian Ray
>>> @brianray