[Chicago] setup.py

Martin Maney maney at two14.net
Mon May 6 04:22:30 CEST 2013

On Mon, May 06, 2013 at 09:49:50AM +0800, shangyu wrote:
> Hi dear all,I'm compiling Python 2.7.4 on Windows and I found a
> setup.py in the source dir .  My question is can I build the whole
> Python with this file ?  I mean Python executable , extension module
> etc.  Or this file is just for extension module ?Many thanks

It was harder than I'd expected to find anything about building Python
itself over at python.org, but then I guess that's really not something
most people care to do.  Anwyay, there is some brief info at

  http://docs.python.org/devguide/setup.html#windows

Might be more in an INSTALL or other text file in the source tree.

Luck!

--
It is another feature of the speculative mood that, as time passes,
the tendency to look beyond the simple fact of increasing values to