[Chicago] Email Library?

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Mon Nov 18 18:41:54 CET 2013

This goes in to the idea for a lightning talk I had.

How to find packages and decide if you should depend on them.

Anyway, pydanny and audryr have a helpful site for this. (this is one
reason why you may want to gittip.com them)
https://www.djangopackages.com/
https://www.djangopackages.com/grids/g/email/

I usually look there, also do some searching in general, look to see how
active their repo is, whether they have issues, stale pull requests, etc.

On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 11:33 AM, Yarko Tymciurak <yarkot1 at gmail.com> wrote:

> yeah, except the "site coming soon" or "there isn't a github page here"
>  results for following the links to
> the "www.marrowproject.org"  and "www.marrowproject.org/mailer",
> respectively.
>
> Looking at other repos in the marrow area, the "web core" page has links
> to lots of empty, not been edited in a year pages (i.e. wiki: tutorials,
> etc.)...
>
> be afraid...
>

> On Mon, Nov 18, 2013 at 11:04 AM, Skip Montanaro <skip at pobox.com> wrote:
>
>> > In the past I've used "turbomail", but it looks like last version was
>> from
>> > 2009.
>>
>> "Not changed" doesn't necessarily mean "abandoned". Mail protocols
>> haven't changed a bunch. It's quite possible it's just stable and has
>> no outstanding bugs that need fixing. If the lack of updates worries
>> you, I would contact the author and ask about its status.
>>
>> Also, it appears the name has changed to "marrow.mailer". Take a look
>> at the Github project:
>>
>> https://github.com/marrow/marrow.mailer
>>
>> Looks like the source has been modified within the past year or two.
>>
>> Skip

sheila