[Chicago] deploying django apps, first steps for newbie

Daniel Fehrenbach dnfehrenbach at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 19:05:06 CET 2013

I've stared using Fabric for deploying stuff at work. I only have 1 server
(with a similar stack to Sheila's) where everything lives so I am not
dealing with a lot of different hosts or very rapid deployment time tables.
Personally, I found that it was easier to go from my standard text file of
copy/pasted lines of terminal inputs to a fabfile than to a
chef/salt/ansible framework but I was never able to devote much time to
learning the higher caliber tools.

Dan