[Chicago] deployment shootout? was: deploying ...

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Thu Nov 21 05:18:01 CET 2013

woo hoo, achievement unlocked!

I was wondering who was doing chicago devops meetings.   I found you,
Jerry and Martin on the meetup page and wasn't sure how current that
was.

Next goal: define what people should demo or something.  I have some ideas

For instance,  this system has been up and running for about 2 years:
https://github.com/timvideos/streaming-system/blob/master/README.md

we have just started documenting how to build it.
Most of is is done by running runall.sh, which pretty much runs all
these scripts
https://github.com/timvideos/streaming-system/tree/master/tools/setup
and then we go edit some config files by hand.

repeat for each stream, so like PyCon needs 6 sets of the stream
boxes, all referenced by the web server's config.

I am 1/2 convinced this is a good idea.. will have a better idea in a few days.

After that we (not just me, right?) can try to get presenters.  and if
no one wants to implemty my scripts and additional magic.. we can
figure something else out.

Where should we have this discussion?

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 8:54 PM, Matt O'Keefe <matt at mattokeefe.com> wrote:
> Jerry Cattell (cc-d) and I organize the DevOps Chicago meetup group. Maybe
> we can co-organize this event? http://www.meetup.com/devops/
>
> -Matt
>

> On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 4:40 PM, sheila miguez <shekay at pobox.com> wrote:
>>

>> I went to a few devops meetup group meetings once, but haven't been in
>> forever. I think Morningstar, Thoughtworks, or Orbitz hosted some of the
>> meetings, but my memory could be faulty.
>>
>> anyone here in touch with the group organizers?
>>

>> --
>> sheila

Carl K