[Chicago] deployment shootout? was: deploying ...

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Thu Nov 21 17:38:14 CET 2013

Oh man, one of those is from the days we used blip. We are still in the
process of restoring all those. Thanks to rackspace we have an account for
pyvideo and have downloaded everything we could find and are in the process
of uploading them to cloudfiles.

We'll make a blog post about this so people can see how we did this. I find
it fairly interesting and we wrote some python scripts and also used the
pyrax library. Will has done most of the work of moving pyvideo from my
personal rackspace account to the pyvideo community account. (we are all
insanely busy so it's been slow going for all of us)

If we talk about deployment and automation we could also discuss how we
work with pyvideo in a talk.

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 10:32 AM, Randy Baxley <randy7771026 at gmail.com>wrote:

> http://pyvideo.org/video/567/python-django-deployment
>
> http://pyvideo.org/video/570/django-deployment-for-the-average-bloke
>
> Not sure where the one from The Onion ended up but there are these two
> others.  One is by someone familiar to you.
>

> On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 10:04 AM, Carl Karsten <carl at personnelware.com>wrote:
>
>> um... I am lost.  what video?
>>
>> On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Randy Baxley <randy7771026 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > It seems like the beginning of this idea was already completed and you
>> have
>> > it on video when we were at The Onion.

>> --
>> Carl K