[Chicago] Talk on my reproducible science project?

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Thu Nov 21 19:22:46 CET 2013

let us look at this just a django site ...
git clone https://github.com/researchcompendia/tyler

.travis.yml  .. everyone already knows about Travis Continuous
Integration being triggered by github.

there is a bunch of stuff in
https://github.com/researchcompendia/tyler/blob/develop/requirements/

lets write some python...
# dump_pkgs.py - dump package names from pip requirements files import
glob def one_file(filename): for line in
open(filename).read().split('\n'): if "==" in line: pkg =
line.split('==')[0] print pkg, def all_files(): for f in
glob.glob('*.txt'): one_file(f) if __name__ == '__main__': all_files()

Django dj-database-url djangorestframework South django-storages
psycopg2 django-json-field django-model-utils django-taggit boto
django-haystack django-allauth django-avatar django-braces
django-crispy-forms django-floppyforms django-vanilla-views Markdown
Pillow beautifulsoup4 lxml django-honeypot django-mailgun
django-toolbelt logutils python-dateutil django-filter unicode-slugify
dj-static #django-appconf django-autocomplete-light django-autoslug
Sphinx coverage django-discover-runner django-nose flake8 mock nose
pep8 gunicorn

No one cares about any of that stuff either.

except maybe pep8.  Lets have a meeting dedicated to pep8.

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 10:57 AM, sheila miguez <shekay at pobox.com> wrote:

> Carl thought that a talk on what I've been working on might be interesting,
> but I did explain to him that it is just a django site so that there is
> nothing especially interesting to it. He's been debating this with me a
> little.
>
> What do people think? I could explain the motivations behind the project,
> and also discuss why I picked django, and going from a new django developer
> to an intermediate django developer.
>
> This could be a beginner to intermediate talk about django.
>
> I could instead maybe talk to the djangonauts user group if the topic isn't
> good for chipy.
>
> --
> sheila

Carl K