[Chicago] How to use GitHub

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Wed Oct 9 20:04:47 CEST 2013

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 12:40 PM, Clyde Forrester
<clydeforrester at gmail.com>wrote:

> I finally got a GitHub account, but I'm not sure how to do anything with
> it. It welcomed me and then mumbled something like "There's stuff you have
> to do now. Look it up, n00b."

Once you have git installed, try the openhatch git training mission.
http://openhatch.org/missions/git

It uses the openhatch repository instead of a github repository, but this
is for teaching you about git, not github.

As you become familiar with git, you can also try things out on github.
Forking is a good start. If you aren't already interested in a project, try
out my friend's:

https://github.com/willkg/dennis

If you like, come hang out at ps1 tonight and we can walk through some git
and github tasks.

--
sheila