[Chicago] ChiPy is Awesome

Brian Curtin brian at python.org
Wed Sep 4 22:46:16 CEST 2013

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 3:13 PM, Adam Forsyth <adam at adamforsyth.net> wrote:
> Any other volunteers to give talks next week, especially Django related?
>
> Yarko, did you submit yet?
>
> Do we know if any of the conference people will still be in town on Thursday
> and might be interested in speaking?
>
> Anyone who's attending DjangoCon interested in giving a brief summary /
> overview?

I don't know anything about Django, but I could talk about some
Rackspace stuff. It may be timely because we just announced a
developer discount tier ($50/mo credit for 6 mos -
http://developer.rackspace.com/devtrial/).

What I'd actually talk about is one of the projects I work on, pyrax
(https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyrax/1.5.0), which just released some
new features to support monitoring and autoscaling. I wouldn't mind
introducing some of that.