[Chicago] Tcl/Tk location

Brian Ray brianhray at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 04:12:19 CEST 2013

I have relinked things, but it was on osx. ref
https://blogs.oracle.com/dipol/entry/dynamic_libraries_rpath_and_mac

I thought these tools actually came from freebsd and/or solaris, but I do
not know what the equivalent names for these (otool and install_name) are
in solaris land.

There are a lot of work arounds once you use 'dump -Lw' to tell what it is
linking to what. One thing (worse case) is you could fake it; however,
watch out if the system uses these things.

Might be easier to just compile everything using the versions you want in
the first place.

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 8:56 PM, Brian Curtin <brian at python.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 3:31 PM, Japhy Bartlett <japhy at pearachute.com>
> wrote:
> > you might be able to pull off some sort of monkeypatch by inserting the
> path
> > to your module at the beginning of sys.path?
>
> No. The Python interpreter is linked with a tcl and tk shared library.

Brian Ray
@brianray
(773) 669-7717