[Chicago] Good readings on the history of computing

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 17:00:01 CEST 2013

Cryptonomicon good yes, fictionalized history.

Lets not forget his (Neal Stepheson's) other 'In the Beginning was the
Command Line'.

Good computer history and a classic worth collecting (I don't have it):

'Computer Lib / Dream Machines' by Ted Nelson.

That's the one that's more formal going on way then flip it over and go
backwards and its a revolutionary tract.

Or something along those lines.

I've met Dr. Chuck at a Pycon and worked with him just a little on one of
his books (enough to get my name in the credits).

Kirby