[Chicago] Good readings on the history of computing

Yarko Tymciurak yarkot1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 17:31:26 CEST 2013

Randy - to follow up on that note,   I wonder if anyone would want to try
out   "remote pair programming"  as a method for doing project nights for
Chipy (or in general).   Besides some of the "stuff" for that being written
in python, it could be an interesting way to invite and connect with people
we might otherwise have trouble getting together (or getting here).

Interestingly,  the remote-pair-programming "craze" (?)  grew out of a
group who took a MOOC which Armondo Fox started  (Software as a Service) -
which taught rapid concepts by teaching ruby and ruby tools, so this group
is mostly people looking for ruby-pairs, but if anyone wants to try out
some of these,  I'd be pleased -- we could certainly do something like this
around python (or golang, or javascript, or dart, or erlang, or ruby, or
all of the above - [captical-C]-Community! ;-)).

If anyone is interested in flushing out some of these tools interactively
w/ me, I'm game:

I'm particularly interested in flushing out madeye and floobits (being a vi
guy, going into sublime w/ all it's context sensitive plugins, which are
great).

http://www.agileventures.org/remote-pair-programming

Regards,
- Yarko