[Chicago] Chicago Pair Programming - tools try out

Yarko Tymciurak yarkot1 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 25 18:03:51 CEST 2013

Sorry for the thread hijack on "Readings / History of Computing"

I'm interesting in "test driving"  some remote pair programming tools, with
the hope that we can use it as a vehicle to launch a successful   ChiPy
 Project Nights (or learn programming nights), that are "come as you are"
(i.e. from where you are).

The stimulus for me came from Rubyists, graduates of the SaaS  MOOC course
from my friend Armondo Fox @ Berkeley.

I'm particularly interested in flushing out madeye and floobits (I'm a "vi"
guy who has started using sublime a lot, so the completion plugins in
sublime, and the plugins for floobits are interesting).

http://www.agileventures.org/remote-pair-programming

I want to try some of these, and make a "lightning" (<10 min) presentation
at an upcoming ChiPy about how it went, recpommendations --- and hopefully
invite to kick off remote Project Nights.

I'm looking for volunteers to "pair up remotely" for I'm thinking 15 min.
at a time.

We'll use google hangouts, and one of the tools -

Let me know your time / interest (which tool do you want to check out?)

For project, I suggest we look at the Chipy site source tree (just browse a
fork;  we could start a project... but that's not the point right now).

   - madeye (who / when)
   - floobits  (who / when)
   - ... anything else you care to suggest

Yarko