[Chicago] Heroku Giveaway at Pycon

Don Sheu donald at caa.columbia.edu
Thu Apr 10 18:25:14 CEST 2014

Awesome Brian! So far Avilay Parekh and Ritwik Tewari founders of Informion
who pitched at my PyCon Pitch Event at Twitter HQ are going to help run
Eastside meetings. They're formerly of Azure. Avilay and Ritwik helped
launch Azure and build it up into a billion dollar category for Microsoft.

We've got a pledge from AMD to donate a Seamicro 384 Atom. Joseph Curtin a
ChiPy member is going to help manage it. We'll figure out how to give ChiPy
members access to this bad girl with 768 cores in the size of a mini
fridge.

I've been spending a lot of time in Seattle, renting a place in South Lake
Union. Let's meet soon.

On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 8:44 AM, Brian Nitz <bnitz at flowroute.com> wrote:

> Hey Don,
> I am more than happy to volunteer if you need help setting up PuPy.  I
> work in a python environment and am (attempting) to learn python in my
> spare time so getting involved in PuPy in a volunteer/admin aspect would be
> beneficial for me!
> Best regards,
>
> Brian
>

> On April 10, 2014 at 7:58:32 AM, Don Sheu (dinaldo at gmail.com) wrote:
>
> I'd bet Heroku would donate to ChiPy.
>
> I'm launching PuPy in Seattle/Bellevue. If nobody objects I'm happy to ask
> Heroku for a donation for both parties.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Apr 10, 2014, at 7:46 AM, "Adam \"Cezar\" Jenkins" <
> emperorcezar at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  For those going to Pycon, Heroku is "raffling" off $500 in credit. If
> some people could throw Chipy into the hat that would be awesome. We use
> Heroku for the site and $500 in credit would go a long way.
>
> "While you are in our booth, you can enter to win $500 (in cash or
> credits) toward the open source-related project, user group, meetup, or
> organization of your choice. Ask at the booth for details."
>
> From: https://blog.heroku.com/archives/2014/4/9/pycon_2014

  Don Sheu
  許家豪
  (312) 880-9389

  *Apply to join us at www.openforcetour.org <http://www.openforcetour.org>*

*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*: *The information contained in this message may be
protected trade secrets or protected by applicable intellectual property
laws of the United States and International agreements. If you believe that
it has been sent to you in error, do not read it. Please immediately reply
to the sender that you have received the message in error. Then delete it.
Thank you.*