[Chicago] Recommended Reading

Philip House philiphouse2015 at u.northwestern.edu
Fri Dec 26 00:20:03 CET 2014

Hi all,

I had some questions about recommended reading for next steps as a
developer, specifically in Python.  For some context, I'm a computer
science student preparing to graduate and I'm looking to learn more and
grow my understanding of Python and how it can be used.  I've used Python
for web applications, some basic scripting, and a few other small
applications.

I've read Code Complete, and I'm currently in the process of reading the
Pragmatic Programmer, however I'm looking for a more technical book to
expand my toolset and skillset.  Are there any good Python books that you
would recommend as an aspiring software developer?  Or any books that you
read when you were first getting started that helped a lot? I'm pretty open
to reading anything that will help!

Thank you! Let me know if there's any other things that would be helpful to
know in making book recommendations as well :)

Phil