[Chicago] Recommended Reading

Jason Wirth wirth.jason at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 05:21:32 CET 2014

"I'm looking for a more technical book to expand my toolset and skillset."

What do you mean by "technical"? To me technical brings to mind two areas,
the mathematical side and the electrical engineering side of software. Both
are worthy disciplines. You could simultaneously dip your toes into both
waters by exploring Cython, it's a little closer to the metal.
Mathematically "Concrete Mathematics" is a popular book.

As Japhy pointed out, there's a human side of software too. Two sides, in
my opinion. One is working with other people to build things. The other is
psychological, we write software to be **used** by people. So understanding
how people think, and what they like critically important. "A Year Without
Pants" would be a good read.

--
Jason Wirth
     213.986.5809