[Chicago] Python project night! February 27

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Mon Feb 3 17:49:28 CET 2014

Hi all!

Braintree is hosting our python project night and providing food.

I have added links for two projects that will have developers standing by.
* Graphite
* Dancing nodebots, for this you will need an arduino and I will provide
some more info in the meetup comments from Jason Huggins.

Please RSVP here:

http://www.meetup.com/ChiPyFans/events/163257702/

Come work on Python projects, get programming help, help others, and hang
out.

Bring your own project or work on one of the suggested projects below.
Everyone is welcome, all skill levels are encouraged.

Friendly people will be here to help beginning Python programmers with
language basics and practice.

Audience: Everyone! All Python experience levels are welcome, and
everything is self-paced.

When: 6:30pm - 9:30pm
Where: Braintree
Food: Pizza will be provided by Braintree

Things to bring: a wireless-enabled laptop and power cord.

Need some project ideas? How about:

Learning Python

* The official Python tutorial
http://docs.python.org/2/tutorial/introduction.html

* How to Think Like a Computer Scientist: Learning with Python
http://openbookproject.net/thinkcs/python/english2e/

* An introduction to Python through writing games
http://inventwithpython.com/chapters/

* Learn Python the Hard Way http://learnpythonthehardway.org/

Projects

* If you contribute to an open source project that uses Python and want to
help new contributors, let us know in a comment!

* Graphite, awesome monitoring.
https://graphite.readthedocs.org/en/latest/overview.html

* Node robots, https://vine.co/v/hw5MVg3YZzW  making use of
https://github.com/theycallmeswift/BreakfastSerial and some kits from Jason
Huggins.

* Want to learn a Python web framework? Check out the Django tutorial.
https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/dev/intro/tutorial01/

Questions?

If you are interested in working on a specific topic, please leave a
comment to let us know. Maybe we can find someone in advance who knows the
topic!

--
sheila