[Chicago] Heroku and Django

Adrian Holovaty adrian at holovaty.com
Wed Feb 5 20:21:55 CET 2014

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 2:30 PM, Daniel Fehrenbach <dnfehrenbach at gmail.com>wrote:

> My difficulties in this make me think I've missed something obvious or I
> am working in non-standard way as I haven't seen a lot of stuff in searches
> for people with similar problems, there are other repos and skeletons and
> stuff for the Django/Heroku combination but most are pretty out of date or
> their code hasn't helped.

Hey, I'm one of the people who made Django and I've had issues with Heroku
every time I've deployed a Django app to it (four different sites over the
last few years). Their Django-detection script seems to be super prickly.
Of the four apps I've deployed to Heroku, not a single one has been
successfully detected as Django. Python, yes, but not Django.

This likely isn't much help, but for what it's worth I wrote a blog post
ranting about it (including reasons why I left Heroku):
http://www.holovaty.com/writing/aws-notes/

Adrian