[Chicago] Community/Social Alliance Help

Brian Ray brianhray at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 12:48:41 CET 2014

First, when someone asks for help, please be kind. There are many times
members ask for help and it's probably better to either help them if you
have the knowledge or don't . If I were asking for Python help, everyone on
here would be awesome.

Just for the record, I spend my professional life writing Python not
recruiting. I have never taken a cent from any placements where ChiPy asked
for referral fees. All of that has gone back to ChiPy.

Regarding, "quality vs quantity." There is something I want everyone to
remember: we are a big city, people like free food, our sponsors are
generous, we sometimes have limited space, and besides capacity issues,
when we do promote too broadly, those here to learn Python are out numbered
by those who do truely have alteriour motives.

Now  I'm done defending. I'm not the perfect guy for outreach. I would like
to spend more time on finding venues an speakers.

Can I get a +1. I'm really trying...

--
Brian Ray
@brianray