[Chicago] Director of Outreach to be named shortly

Cezar Jenkins emperorcezar at gmail.com
Thu Feb 6 16:23:09 CET 2014

This only works if there is more than one volunteer.

While I like the sentiment, and agree it should be done when there is conflict on the choice, it should be done only when needed. Decisions by committee can work really well when people need to come to terms, but in my experience do little more than slow things to a crawl, and burn people out from bike shedding that results.

I’m somewhat disheartened by the discussion going on here. Brian asked for a volunteer and it turned into a discussion of decision making that has the smell of an attack.

I only see changing the way things are done now if there is a) a demonstrated need to do so, and b) enough volunteers to build a board.

PS1 was mentioned earlier. That’s a much different situation, they rent property, deal with dangerous equipment, and other things that shoulder a much higher level of responsibility. One thing to point out with them is that when they were moving, and needed to get things done, they established a temporary dictatorship to do so.

TLDR: I don’t see a demonstrated need to turn Chipy into a bureaucracy.

--
Cezar Jenkins
@emperorcezar