[Chicago] Really??!!

Peter Fein pete at wearpants.org
Tue Feb 11 21:15:14 CET 2014

It's not a small amount of money, we're talking a few thousand dollars
to rent a bar (really).

And how would we know what the finances were to begin with? I've never
seen a budget, and as far as I know no one else has either.

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 1:55 PM, Steve Schwarz <steve at agilitynerd.com> wrote:
> Personally I enjoy Chipy meetings as an opportunity to meet with Python
> software developers, learn new things, and discuss software development and
> technology. I attended every Chipy North meeting (and presented at two of
> them) and wish I could make it to the ones in the city - so I'm also
> grateful for videos of those meetings.
>
> I don't have a problem with how Chipy is organized or run - I'm just
> grateful it exists and that people do step up and do all the work behind the
> scenes to organize and run it and the meetings.
>
> I don't care about any money, who (if anyone) gets paid or how much, codes
> of conduct, bylaws, not for profit statuses, etc. This group is too small
> and the amounts of money are too trivial to worry about. It is only through
> the hard work of a few people that it exists for the rest of our benefit.
>
> Let's focus on Python and Users here in the Chicago Python Users Group.
>
> Best Regards,
> Steve
> Blogs: http://agilitynerd.com/  http://tech.agilitynerd.com/
> Dog Agility Search: http://googility.com/
> Dog Agility Courses: http://agilitycourses.com/
> http://www.facebook.com/AgilityNerd

Peter Fein | wearpants.org | @wearpants

I read email at the start and end of each day. IM if urgent.