[Chicago] Thread on Organization

Don Sheu donald at caa.columbia.edu
Tue Feb 11 21:44:36 CET 2014

Peter Fein, a dissolved corporation in most jurisdictions can be
reinstated. It requires a filing to bring matters up to date and some form
of a fee. Maintaining any form of a corporation is asking for another tax
return every year. Without help, it's very common that filings are missed
and status may lapse. It's why many lean startup disciples recommend
holding off on a legal form until there's a need to take in investment
money from a formal VC.

I know that the ChiPy members are diverse. Is there an attorney to
volunteer to do legal administrative housekeeping? If there isn't can a
member solicit a friend or family member to donate some time pro bono?

Sheila Miguez, did I read your email correctly that you're not volunteering
for ChiPy? If it's the current state is to your distaste, I don't know how
it's going to improve if there's only criticism without offering a helping
hand.

Money, what's the concern for money? I've never paid anything. Who's paid
anything for ChiPy? I could come up with some bromides in both Chinese and
Korean for this kind of an attitude. I'll refrain. I'll just get this one
out, 他妈的臭屄!

As far as code of conduct goes, has there been a problem? A fast fix might
be adopt the PyCon or Python Software Foundation Cod of Conduct.

Also, if people are going to cite law without any training, I suggest
everybody do a refresher on libel and slander. Those are real offenses, and
can be very expensive. That's a legally mandated code of conduct.

So far I see needs for volunteers to do the following (feel free to place
your name under your calling):

*Legal Housekeeping*

*Some form of Code of Conduct*

*Programming Director to Guide Topics*

*Sponsorship Director*

Are there volunteers? Also, anybody want to update us the history of ChiPy.
Seems like there's been movements like this before where it didn't fare
well?

I ask everybody think of something they've done every month for 11 years. I
can't cite a single thing. Even in my marriage of 13 years, I can't say
that I've loved my wife for every one of the months in 11 years.

There's a faithfulness to that kind of dedication where somebody shows up
for 11 years month in and month out that deserves respect. Let's pay
respect that's due along with help to make ChiPy a stronger organization
that invites passionate participation.

--
  Don Sheu
  許家豪

  *Apply to join us at www.openforcetour.org <http://www.openforcetour.org>*

*CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*: *The information contained in this message may be
protected trade secrets or protected by applicable intellectual property
laws of the United States and International agreements. If you believe that
it has been sent to you in error, do not read it. Please immediately reply
to the sender that you have received the message in error. Then delete it.
Thank you.*