[Chicago] Chipy Thursday Meetup

Peter Halliday pjh239 at cornell.edu
Wed Feb 12 06:27:49 CET 2014

I just got here in Chicago in June and have attended ever month since. I certainly have been pleased with the group and the leadership in general.

I don't care about governance issues right now.  I care more about being social and promoting learning about Python.  I know there are practical needs for people to be concerned.  The only concern I have is that in my experience not everyone concerned about a problem is concerned about being a part of the solution.  Also people need to make sure that the burden placed on the organization is not so strong that people don't get involved when needed.

I also know that if the organization stops focusing on the social aspect and knowledge of python as the focus of meetings I'll (and I'm assuming others) may stop coming.

Peter Halliday

Sent from my iPhone