[Chicago] ChiPy Organizers Meeting

Brian Curtin brian at python.org
Fri Feb 21 06:06:46 CET 2014

On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 10:46 PM, Randy Baxley <randy7771026 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just as a point of information Brian Curtain, do you write this as a ChiPy,
> in the interest of the Python Foundation, in the interest of Rackspace or
> for some other reason.  Yogi was being motivational and talking about
> winning as a team.  Yogi was a character but one who found a way to work and
> play with others and help them win.  Not sure at all what all the sniping at
> Brian Ray is about or the politics or organizational disagreements are.
> Just as I have studied Python but in a much less structured fashion this
> last year I have also studied the concepts of open software and open
> government.  I am hoping we can all find a way to be open and work and play
> to make each other winners.

I post as an individual. When I represent foundation business, I state
it. If I was representing Rackspace, I would state it, and I'd do the
writing from my company email.

I'm very, very familiar with Yogi Berra. I was a catcher through
college, and I think I even have a copy of The Yogi Book somewhere
around here. I know the tone of the email that the image was in
response to.