[Chicago] Anyone using Python 3?

Randy Baxley randy7771026 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 1 14:53:36 CET 2014

It is funny the things one learns and the levels on which we are able to
understand them.  I was at that Pumping Station: One presentation and had
no idea how it might apply to me.  Since I have never used a blue line stop
south of Clinton I googled blue line Kedzie and on the page clicked around
to get to a picture of the stop above ground and this map:

http://www.transitchicago.com/assets/1/clickable_system_map/200806C.htm

When I was 547 pounds and new to the area a friend who I met somehow that
was sort of a pioneer in the telecommunications sector here understood my
statement that 'it is not if I can take a step, it is how many steps I have
left.'  He promised without prompting to send me the applications for
handicap hangdowns which also led me to the RTA trainers who recommended
after seeing me totally freak out  when the blue line went underground and
bolt to the closest exit at the Clark and Lake Blue line stop that I not
ride public transportation.  This claustrophobic like reaction subsided
with my weight loss but when I have the time I still prefer to go to the
Brown Line when traveling around the loop and north side.  Anyway, let us
assume that everyone can get to that station, when they walk out onto the
overpass will they turn to the right or left?  How many blocks will they
need to walk and will they need to cross the street?  Those are the types
of questions I would like a visual CTA app to make unnecessary.