[Chicago] Startup Row at PyCon is Back

Don Sheu dinaldo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 23:58:12 CET 2014

Startup Row at PyCon is
back<http://pycon.blogspot.ca/2013/12/startup-row-is-back.html>Startup
Row is back – our offer to showcase the most promising Python startups out
there!
This year in addition to online applications, I'm going to hold a pitch
event in Chicago to select our representative startup at PyCon Montreal.
This'll guarantee that a Chicago company will represent at Startup Row, and
only Silicon Valley startups using Python will represent in Montreal. I'm
depending on the Chicago Python community's support to make sure a Chicago
startup is represented in Montreal.
The concept is very simple: if you convince us that your young company is
the next big thing, we are going to give you a free booth for one day in
our Expo Hall and two free passes to the conference.

Startup Row gives you a unique opportunity to connect with a global, highly
technical crowd.  Among the 2000+ PyCon attendees, could be a new
co-founder, your next investor, a future business partner, or even hundreds
of new users, depending on who your target market is.  These are stories
we’ve heard from previous Startup Row nominees.
The technological landscape of tomorrow is yours to make.  Come and show us
that it's one where Python shines.
The rules are simple:

   - You must have less than 15 employees, including founders, and be less
   than two years old.

   - You must use Python somewhere in your startup. Backend, frontend,
   testing, wherever.

   - If selected, you have to come and staff your booth for the Expo Hall
   hours on your appointed day.  We will do our best to give you the day that
   works best for you (either Friday or Saturday).

   - No repeats. If you were on startup row last year, your startup is not
   eligible. We want to give a chance to as many startups as possible.

Startups will be selected by our panel of judges based on their business
potential. Ambitious new approaches to solving old problems count, so are
world changing applications of cutting edge technology.  There are few
wrong answers here.

Apply today:
https://pycon2014.wufoo.com/forms/pycon-2014-startup-row/

Here's a link to the blog post on PyCon website,
http://pycon.blogspot.ca/2013/12/startup-row-is-back.html

--
Don Sheu
(312) 880-9389