[Chicago] I'm lonely presenter

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Mon Jan 6 01:08:17 CET 2014

On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 5:48 PM, Nick Bennett <nick at goggl.es> wrote:
> by writing a Python script to get the pairwise distances between Divvy bike
> stations from the Google Maps API using "by the bike" distances.

I would like something about this.  pretty much anything.
I use various google API stuff successfully, but it is almost a
surprise to me that things work.
and then when they don't work, that is also a surprise.
I think my main problem is I don't have a clue how to debug this
stuff, and I don't have a good feel for how to think about it.

Like this code worked for over a year:
https://github.com/CarlFK/veyepar/blob/master/dj/scripts/youtube_uploader.py#L144

A month or so ago stopped working.  It doesn't error, it just doesn't
give the same results it used to. (it should flip a youtube video from
unlisted to public.) (if anyone wants to hack on this, that one .py
should run on its own and it should be easy to get the creds setup so
you can test it on your own account, or set up a test account)

I want that fixed, and I want a clue how one goes about figuring out
what is going on.

I have also written code to talk to a goog spread sheet and calendar,
same feeling of uncertainty.

So anything in this area should help.

--
Carl K