[Chicago] Food for meeting and rsvps -- need to talk to host

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Mon Jan 6 19:39:35 CET 2014

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 12:22 PM, Brian Ray <brianhray at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sheila:
>
> Please enter the names into the Chipy.org RSVP list. See Cezar if you need
> access.

I have access

> Also, I filed a ticket about this
> https://github.com/chicagopython/chipy.org/issues/47 6 months ago. This
> was our concern of using two systems. The RSVP list on chipy.org is the
> only one that will be considered.

Indeed.

I still think it is worth using meetup despite the annoyances I have with
it. I used to be adamently opposed.

For a mild tangent, my grant request to the PSF to cover meetup organizer
fees last year was accepted, and they asked if they could provide any other
assistance. I mentioned that it would be nice to have someone write up a
system to automatically sync meetup data with our data. I don't have a
block of time for this, so I cannot do it. Basically, I'd like someone to
write up a script that could use the meetup.com api to fetch RSVP data so
that it can be frobbed and pushed to chipy.org's api. This presuppose that
there is a chipy.org api, so if that doesn't exist yet, I'd want to someone
to create that as well. The PSF doesn't usually provide that type of
assistance but I figured it didn't hurt to ask.

> Also, yes I requested Vegan option. If they can not provide, I will.
>
> I am in contact with the hosts so continue to filter any questions to me.
> Thanks!

My preference would be to have more than one person in contact with a host
so that you are not the single point of failure in the communication
stream. I understand that we wouldn't want to bombard them with a lot of
traffic from the entire list, but having 2 or 3 people would be helpful and
would promote transparency.

> On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 10:53 AM, sheila miguez <shekay at pobox.com> wrote:
>
>>  *crickets*
>>
>> On Sun, Jan 5, 2014 at 3:15 PM, sheila miguez <shekay at pobox.com> wrote:
>>
>>> rsvp list
>>>
>>> If the sponsor needs to have names for security, I would like to be able
>>> to pass along the meetup rsvp list in case anyone on meetup forgets to rsvp
>>> on the chipy page.
>>>
>>> thanks
>>>

>> Does Dev Bootcamp have a security desk, and if so, will someone put me in
>> touch with the host so that I can pass along the names from Meetup in case
>> a meetup member forgets to rsvp on the chipy site. I haven't done this
>> before, but then I saw that Adam did for the previous meeting, and well,
>> that was rather nice of him.
>>

>> --
>> sheila

> Brian Ray