[Chicago] OT: comparison shopping for co-working spaces

JP Bader jp at zavteq.com
Thu Jan 9 22:22:42 CET 2014

I don't know if others are looking for something that's not downtown and
not in the burbs, but I'll throw out there that my office has a few open
spots. I've been here a year with a month-month contract. The space offers
phone, internet, 24/7 access with security system, fridge, fax, heat/ac, et
al. There are a total of 6 desks/cubes, each with its own layout, and I can
get exact measurements if folks want to know more. Price is $475/mo.

The space is in a restored warehouse/factory on Ravenswood, just north of
Irving Park (1 block walk to the Brown line). It's the same building where
Threadless started out.

I'm working on setting up some dedicated IP blocks as well, in case folks
want to host their own servers.

It's just not big enough to host ChiPy, but it was used for an Onion shoot
last year (
http://www.theonion.com/video/the-onions-tips-for-succeeding-as-a-woman-in-the-w,34594/
)

On Mon, Jan 6, 2014 at 11:55 AM, Allan LeSage <allanlesage at gmail.com> wrote:

> Belated thanks to everybody for their suggestions--I haven't committed
> anywhere mostly due to the expense, but I've been doing occasional meet-ups
> at coffee shops to co-work the afternoon.  I'll add news to this thread if
> I do another demo. . . .
>

> On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 3:07 PM, Brian Curtin <brian at python.org> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Nov 13, 2013 at 3:50 PM, Allan LeSage <allanlesage at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I'm in the market for a co-working space and would like a listing and/or
>> > recommendations for some good ones within the city limits.
>> >
>> > I just spent a day at NextSpace formerly COOP, I've also visited the
>> > CivicLab; both are good matches but I'm being picky.
>>
>> Did you end up picking a spot? I've been lightly thinking about
>> joining a coworking space.

JP Bader
Principal
Zavteq, Inc.