[Chicago] february meeting presentation

Aaron Brady ascription at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 26 20:35:39 CET 2014

Hi class,

As you know I'm a newcomer.  I enjoyed presenting at the January meeting.  I'd like to sign up to do it again.

I want your opinions on a topic to discuss.  My top two preferences are hardware or deadlock detection.  The hardware subject does not relate to Python directly, but it could be very interesting.

Here are the links I would discuss.  I could do the other one in March or anything else.

Hardware (abstract, not Python):  The abstract logic system computers are based on.  How bits get from one place to another.  The actual copper and silicon design is related.  http://home.comcast.net/~castironpi-misc/projects.html#Logic_Vis

Deadlock detection (abstract, example in Python).  Multi-process programs need to coordinate access to the same resources.  In some configurations of priority, a thread will never advance.  Such "deadlock" can be prevented on the OS or application level.  http://home.comcast.net/~castironpi-misc/irc-0085%20deadlock%20detection.py

I guess we should just vote on it.  What is your opinion?  What do you want to see and hear about and learn about?