[Chicago] Python traffic analysis idea

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Tue Jan 28 21:27:33 CET 2014

On Tue, Jan 28, 2014 at 11:28 AM, Adrian Buford <
technicallydebatable at gmail.com> wrote:

> The issue isn't finding code to perform the task. The issue is getting the
> results to a log. I cannot find anything in that direction. I would put the
> idea in the same category as wardriving but with an added purpose. I am a
> daily user of kali and pentoo  I even went as far as reading the man pages
> on the Aircrack-ng suite to see if there was anything I overlooked. I've
> looked at Fern also. You are probably right. This is something I may need
> to hash out with my own code completely

Is the irc room for aircrack-ng helpful?
http://www.aircrack-ng.org/irc.htmlThey might know the ins and outs of
how logging works with that tool.

connectd has a tail plugin that can match patterns on a log
https://collectd.org/wiki/index.php/Plugin:Tail

I'm not entirely clear what you are doing, but if you do end up writing a
lot of this yourself, instead of logging you may want to send events to
statsd or something like that.

--
sheila