[Chicago] Inaugural Meeting PuPy (pronounced puppy) Puget Sound Python

Don Sheu dinaldo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 23:39:53 CEST 2014

I'll ask around. Hopefully some of the speakers will have thoughts. One
good resource is National Center for Women and IT. Steph Burg of Microsoft
and Krista Davis of Google both organize the NCWIT Aspirations in Computing
Washington state award.

NCWIT is a partner in Google's announcement to give $50 million for coding
education for women and minorities. Here's a link to Illinois' award,
http://www.aspirations.org/aspirations-community/illinois

I'd imagine Brian Fitzpatrick may be able to track down some resources from
Google. I hope Google's *Made with Code *initiative is investing heavily in
Chicago.

Seattle as a city is aggressively trying to address gender and minority
representation in tech. The City appointed Rebecca Lovell a woman as the
official city Startup liaison.

It'd be great to see Mayor Emanuel take a similar step in encouraging women
and minorities in tech.

--
Don Sheu
(312) 880-9389