[Chicago] Status of recruiters on this list

Brian Ray brianhray at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 21:31:31 CET 2014

If this is the posting from the other day. This is why it was denied.

   - The resumes gathered would be in their global database, which violates
   our rule about jobs only from Chicago
   - The resumes gathered would also go to non-Python positions along with
   the Python position
   - The poster stated they are involved with the "Open Source Community,"
   and they were not.
   - They would not give us a referral fee or help sponsor an event at any
   time in the future
   - I corresponded with a corporate contact, and they apologized and
   agreed we should deny the request

Only was it after they were denied did they state they were referred to
someone on the list. I asked "who", and they did not respond. Had they said
it was "Brian Curtain" I would have privately told you as well why they
were denied.

Lastly, we are a little overwhelmed right now, but if you want to offer
suggestions or help on managing the mailing list, feel free. We will
consider those when we review that action item in the coming months.

Yours, Brian