[Chicago] Status of recruiters on this list

Yarko Tymciurak yarkot1 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 16:34:50 CET 2014

Apologies.
A couple of points:

I asked what I thought were a few simple questions about restricting
announcements of Python job availability in the Chicago area with
additional constraints.

Brian R responded w/  "If it is not a Chicago job, it does not belong on
our list..."

I don't think I put this in question.

My query resulted in various responses - including about
boundary conditions / recruiter spam. I can get some - e.g. the examples
from the NY group of harvesting user lists. I can also see repeated sends
to list w/ "call me for Python jobs!" as spam-not-service.

I see things like: "Python dev, downtown; 3+ yrs experience + django; see
[link] for more info"  as of service, not spam.  I intended to raise
discussion about extending conditions around these types of requests (such
as "must be open source", or "can't offer to list people who contact you
for any other, non-python jobs", or "give us a fee").  My intended aspect
was centered around what is logically of service  to Chipy people (not one
of control, agreement, etc.).

I was grateful for some of the enlightening posts in this direction, and
also sorry to see some of the reactive responses.

Regards,

Yarko

Hello Brian Curtin and Chicago list users,

This question is for Brian Curtain @ Python dot Org.  Is this list the
property of Python.Org?

Randy