[Chicago] GNU MediaGoblin campaign for federation and privacy in 2014!

eviljoel eviljoel at linux.com
Thu Mar 6 04:00:28 CET 2014

Hey All,

My friend Chris Webber is throwing another fundraiser for his open
source project MediaGoblin.  MediaGoblin is like a decentralized
YouTube.  The idea is, if YouTube gets taken down for whatever reason,
1000s of cat videos will be lost.  If our media content is
decentralized, one take down order will have far less impact.  Also,
storing our media in a decentralized way makes it harder for the NSA
to spy on us.

Media Goblin is Chris's own project that he works on full time.  The
fundraiser is in collaboration with the Free Software Foundation and I
personally trust this guy, so you can be assured your donation will be
put to good use.  Donate here:  http://mediagoblin.org/pages/campaign.html

(Reasons this e-mail might be on topic:  Chris has spoken at Flourish,
our local Open Source Software conference.  MediaGoblin itself is free
and open source and is written in Python.)

Thank you,
eviljoel