[Chicago] Python in the browser IDE

Yarko Tymciurak yarkot1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 22:27:25 CET 2014

Randy -

Check out interactivepython.org (try the demonstration);

They use skulpt.org  (http://runestoneinteractive.org/about.html), which
also is combined with codemirror to produce http://www.codeskulptor.org/  -
the latter being the kingpin of
https://www.coursera.org/course/interactivepython

(you can search github for codeskulptor to find games, presumably from the
interactivepython course)

If you dig further, you can find out about implementation of skulpt, how it
came to be, its limitations, etc.
There are some pretty interesting articles on this.

And, of course, if you have not used ipython notebooks, then definitely - a
big way to check those out is (for example) with the
https://github.com/ptwobrussell/Mining-the-Social-Web-2nd-Edition  book -
the link is to ipython notebooks to go with the book.  Awesomeness.

Finally, if you just want to scrape, scrape, scrape - and get your sea legs
w/ lxml (i.e. stimulated by my talk Wednesday), I'm in process of pylint
cleanup (not sure how much left - not too bad; but I got sidelined by some
edx) and will get it up on github soon (this weekend?).

- Yarko