[Chicago] Python Developer Role @ Bank of America
mhoeltin at teksystems.com
Fri May 16 21:11:30 CEST 2014
Python Community -
I was given the opportunity to post a Python opportunity I have to this thread. Bank of America is going through an overhaul of their risk platform globally so that they can understand their overall global risk at any given time. They have several different platforms that need to be converted to Python as well as building the framework that these applications sit on in Python. This is a top 5 initiative for the bank and is looking to be a 5 year project which is in its 2 year. A majority of the management in Chicago is continuously looking for Python developers to aide in building this framework. Below is just one of the many job descriptions, if you're interested in the role, please let me know. Job Description below:
Company: Bank of America
Location: 540 W Washington
Duration: 18+ Month Contract (possibility of conversion)
Position: Python Developer
The FX Cash team at BofA is looking for a developer who can bring something to their team, something that can make them significant with the team whether it's their strong knowledge of Python or the years of experience in the Foreign Exchange markets. They are looking for a proactive developer who can join the team and start from day 1. These are senior roles so they are looking for someone who doesn't need any hand holding and can take on work without being asked to do so. They need a forward thinker who can look at a road map and let everyone know what needs to happen next instead of being told what happens next.
Top 3 Skills:
1. Thinker (ability to see down the road and participate to make the strategy happen)
2. Scripting knowledge (If the individual does not have direct Python experience, someone with Object Oriented programming (C++, Java) w/ Perl, Korn or VBA scripting will be considered)
3. Team fit - this is a small group where everyone contributes, you must be willing to wear many hats to get the job done in this group
Plus - Having enterprise financial experience is a plus, having FX experience is a huge plus.
Quartz FXCashDB Technology Python Developer
The ideal candidate will experience facing front office users on a regular basis and providing tactical as well as strategic solutions in a high pressure environment. Experience or expertise in Foreign Exchange (FX) markets is valued. The internal market data technology team is Agile based. They are a talented, experienced, and passionate group of technologists/strategists that prides itself on quality of delivery, continuous improvement, and a relaxed atmosphere. We are seeking a developer (5+ years of experience) to join the team, grow with them as well as teach them a few things along the way within the team environment.
As a successful candidate and team member you must:
* Be able to demonstrate proficiency with excel and python and a reasonable subset of the following:
C sharp, C++, SQL, UNIX, Messaging (MQ, RV) and Perl.
* Have a proven ability to solve problems with technology - Can you describe a problem you've solved, the details of the solution, and why you chose the technology you used? Have you had demonstrated success developing large-scale sustainable applications?
* Be passionate about quality, programming, and software development in general - Do you "sharpen the saw" and continually explore opportunities to improve? Are you a technology evangelist? Will you introduce the group to new technologies and approaches?
* Be flexible with day-to-day responsibilities - Do you have an interest in polyglot programming? Are you comfortable with working across multiple systems and potentially using multiple programming languages and technologies?
* Be organized - Are you able to remain productive even when you have multiple deliverables?
* Demonstrate good judgment - Can you be trusted to make good decisions independently?
More about us:
* Bank of America Merrill Lynch is a global financial powerhouse that markets, trades, and manages risk for various derivative products
* Together with team members in Chicago, New York, London, Singapore, India and elsewhere, the team builds and maintains systems that are key contributors to the bank's position in this high revenue business
* Our developers pride themselves on their interest in technology and knowledge sharing is encouraged via informal brown-bag lunches, company-sponsored training, and annual internal developer conferences
About the role:
* You will be working with a team of developers and business analysts within FXCashDB team
* You will participate in most phases of the software development life cycle including story writing and estimation, design, development, test planning, test automation, and deployment
Mark Hoelting | Account Manager - Capital Markets & Investment Banking
T 312.474.5570 | M 773.551.0422 | mhoeltin at TEKsystems.com<mailto:name at teksystems.com>
TF 888.739.5870 | F 312.879.1012 | www.TEKsystems.com<http://www.teksystems.com/>
111 N. Canal St., Suite #105, Chicago, IL 60606
[cid:image002.jpg at 01CF7110.BC198C00]<http://www.teksystems.com/>
This electronic mail (including any attachments) may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or otherwise protected from disclosure to anyone other than its intended recipient(s). Any dissemination or use of this electronic mail or its contents (including any attachments) by persons other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail so that we may correct our internal records. Please then delete the original message (including any attachments) in its entirety. Thank you.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 2438 bytes
More information about the Chicago