[Chicago] Full-time web developer position at Skokie Public Library

Brodie Austin BAustin at skokielibrary.info
Fri May 23 17:02:09 CEST 2014

My name is Brodie Austin. I'm the Virtual Community Engagement Manager at the Skokie Public Library. I'm looking to hire a web developer who is familiar with Django/Python (in addition to other web stuff). I saw on Meetup that you organize a local Python users' group.
I was wondering if you would advertise the position to your group or pass it along to anyone you might know who would be interested in being a developer at a public library.
Here's the details for the position:
Put your web development skills to work for an award-winning library. Skokie Public Library is looking for a web developer familiar with Python, Django, relational databases, and front-end web development. As a key member of the Virtual Community Engagement department, you'll help build user-centered websites and services to support the library's mission and respond to the community's needs.
We're looking for candidates who are familiar with the following:
■     Modern web development with HTML, CSS, and Javascript
■     Python/Django
■     Responsive web design
■     Version control with Git
■     Postgres, SQL, and relational databases
■     FreeBSD and Nginx server environment
■     Working with third-party APIs and web services
Our ideal candidate will thrive working in a collaborative environment with other team members and be willing to juggle multiple projects and learn on the job. You'll be a full participant in the design and development process from user research to deployment.
You need a bachelor's degree, preferably in Computer Science or a related area. An understanding of and familiarity with libraries is a plus.
Salary Range: $52,435-$78,653
Application details here: http://www.authenticjobs.com/jobs/20915/web-developer

***
Brodie Austin