[Chicago] Recording Talks

davidpietz at sbcglobal.net davidpietz at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 19 19:58:42 CET 2014

Brian and everybody,

I am very much interested in recording the talks, and this is a note to reintroduce myself and volunteer.

I love the ChiPy idea and meetings and want to play a part on a regular basis.

I am not a programmer and I only have been through one Python book (Head First), but I keep getting ideas about problems I could solve with it.

If you don’t remember me, I came a half dozen times about a year ago and you may have referred to me as the guy who is welcome even though he looks like he came in here by accident. (They say I clean up well, though.)

I love the ChiPy idea and meetings and want to play a part on a regular basis.

I am not experienced specifically in AV,  but I was a Navy Reserve electronics tech, have some computers, I am handy, have some tools, and I have a reliable van.
If you already have somebody, put me in as a trainee/backup and you won’t get in this bad situation again.  As I understand it, you have a huge following who need remote and reference access to the meetings.

I have a strong feeling there may be a real place for me with ChiPy.

Just let me know what I need to do and I can start immediately.

Dave