[Chicago] Chipy Mentorship Program is on a roll!

Brian Ray brianhray at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 04:13:19 CEST 2014

Great work everyone. Special thanks to T!

T is the official organizer for the mentorship. However, any organizer will
be supportive in resolving issues. Making this best ever.

Cheers, Brian

On Saturday, October 4, 2014, Tathagata Dasgupta <tathagatadg at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello folks,
> Happy Saturday!
> Just thought I’d give a quick update on how the Chipy Mentorship Program
> has progressed so far.
>
> Signups:
> # of mentors signed up: 15
> # of mentees new to programming: 2
> # of mentees new to Python: 16
> # of mentee-s Advanced Python: 5
> Total: 37
>
> Assignment:
> # of mentors with a mentee: 13
> # of mentees new to programming with an assigned mentor:1
> # of mentees new to Python with an assigned mentor:11
> # of mentees with Advanced Python with an assigned mentor:1
>
> Outstanding:
> # of mentors for newbie mentees without an assignment: 2
> # of mentees unreachable: 4
> # of mentees new to programming without an assigned mentor:1 (unreachable)
> # of mentees new to Python without an assigned mentor:2 (unreachable)
> # of mentees with Advanced Python without an assigned mentor:4 (1
> unreachable, 3 no advanced mentors)
>
> Other points:
> - Data analysis is the most common area of interest.
> - # of female developers: 6
> - # of students:2 (1 high-school, 1 grad student)
>
> Chipy organized a dinner last Monday to thank the mentors for their time.
> Most of the M&M pairs have been introduced and are figuring out the what
> they want to achieve in the next three months.
>
> Advanced mentees, will probably end up forming a focused hack group to
> peer coach on advanced topics.
>
> It has been really amazing to see the level of enthusiasm among the M&M-s
> and I’m sure we are on to something big!
>
> See you all at the Oct 9th at Braintree *new* office!
>
> Cheers,

Brian Ray
@brianray
(773) 669-7717